This training will review expectations and routines in a child care facility’s kitchen. At Dr. Day Care, we follow the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) meal patterns to ensure children and adults have access to healthy, balanced meals throughout the day.
After this training, you will be able to
- Understand the typical daily routines that occur in a child care center kitchen throughout the day.
- Use a variety of checklists and logs to maintain a safe kitchen environment.
- Learn the importance of preventing foodborne illness.
- Review CACFP meal pattern to ensure children have access to healthy, balanced meals throughout the day.
- Review MyPlate and resources available to educate parents and families on healthy eating habits.
This training is primarily intended for use by those providing meals to children within group settings. This may include center-based staff, family, group and center-based childcare providers and early childhood consultants.
Throughout this training, you will hear references to Dr. Day Care policies and procedures. Follow your early childhood center’s specific policies. If your center needs assistance in developing policies, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-475-7707 x222 for assistance.
For Dr. Day Care teachers and staff, always check with your Administrator for the most up-to-date policies, procedures, or forms.
After completing this training, you will receive a certificate for 2 Professional Development hours.
Click on the course titles below to progress through this training. All videos and questions must be answered to receive a training certificate.