This training course is Part 1 of a series on effective parent-teacher communication.
Participants in this training will learn skills to effectively communicate with the families and parents of the children in their classroom (ages birth – 12). This training will focus on types of communication, improving communication skills, and tips for effective communication.
After this training, you will be able to
- Communicate with families about general daily activities, developing skills, and accomplishments as a means of building relationships.
- Communicate honestly, sensitively, and empathically in a family-friendly and culturally appropriate way.
- Create opportunities for two-way communication to build relationships with families based on mutual trust and understanding.
- Demonstrate and maintain positive and appropriate relationships with families.
- Employ regular and ongoing opportunities to exchange information with families pertinent to their child’s learning and development.
- Use a variety of methods to engage all families in active two-way communication.
- Collaborate with coworkers to create and maintain a welcoming environment for families.
Participants in this training will learn skills to effectively communicate with the families and parents of the children in their classroom. This may include center-based teachers, family, group and center-based childcare providers and early childhood consultants.
Throughout this training, you will hear references to Dr. Day Care policies and procedures. Follow your early childhood center’s specific policies. If your center needs assistance in developing policies, contact email@example.com or 401-475-7707 x222 for assistance.
For Dr. Day Care teachers and staff, always check with your Administrator for the most up-to-date policies, procedures, or forms.
After completing this training, you will receive a certificate for 2 Professional Development hours.
(This training is APPROVED in Rhode Island for DCYF training hours)
Click on the course titles below to progress through this training. All videos and questions must be answered to receive a training certificate.