This training will demonstrate a developmentally appropriate learning environment for an Infant classroom. At Dr. Day Care, we refer to this as an Infant Model Classroom. This course will teach best practices for classrooms with younger infants (approximately 6 weeks old to about 12 months old) and older infants (approximately 12 months to about 18 months old).
From this training, you will learn about the typical routines and daily expectations in an infant classroom.
After this training, you will be able to
- Understand typical routines and daily expectations in an infant classroom.
- Describe environments and materials that support infants’ development.
- Understand developmental milestones for infants.
- Recognize the importance of quality relationships between infants and adults and begin to apply this knowledge to the classroom.
- Understand the significance of establishing and maintaining communication with families.
- Reflect on your own ideas and experiences associated with communicating with families.
- Plan activities that promote communication with all families in your program.
This training is primarily intended for use by those supporting infants within group settings. This may include center-based teachers, family, group and center-based childcare providers and early childhood consultants.
Throughout this training, you will hear references to Dr. Day Care policies and procedures. Follow your early childhood center’s specific policies. If your center needs assistance in developing policies, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-475-7707 x222 for assistance.
For Dr. Day Care teachers and staff, always check with your Administrator for the most up-to-date policies, procedures, or forms.
After completing this training, you will receive a certificate for 2 Professional Development hours.
(This training is APPROVED in Rhode Island for DHS/Center-ELP training hours)
Click on the course titles below to progress through this training. All videos and questions must be answered to receive a training certificate.